Variety of activities for Trail Days 2018
June 13, 2018
Ipswich's annual summer party - Trail Days, was June 8 and 9, 2018.
The Saturday concert featured A Thousand Horses, with the opening act The Rude Band, who also played at the After Party. Organizer Shirley Williams estimated about 850 for the Saturday night festivities.
There was more music Saturday afternoon. Sherwin Linton and his band played two shows in the bandshell.
The Saturday morning parade had about 70 entries. The 2018 theme was "Ipswich Rocks." Linda and Rich Johnson were the parade marshals, followed by a variety of cars, tractors and floats. Three classes celebrating reunions had entries in the parade.
The Parade winners were:
• Most imaginative: Wylie Wizards featuring a climbing "rock" wall
• Best Historic Theme: Holy Cross Church CCD program had an atrium with young shepherds with sheep - "The Good Shepherd Rocks"
• Mayor's choice: John Sieh Insurance with a Rock 'n Roll Sock Hop
• Best reunion: 40-year class reunion in a trolley
• Best western theme: Chancey Kessler, Miss Ashley Rodeo Princess, daughter of Justin and Jackie Kessler
• Antique car and/or machinery: Schurr Manufacturing (Steven and Diane Schurr of Roscoe with a 1955 truck). Honorable Mention was 12-year old Tracy Noltner driving his John Deere 3020.
• Best use of Parade Theme "Ipswich Rocks": Ipswich Flower and Garden Club featuring a paper mache' rock with painted replica of centennial village on their float