The Library Remembers When...

 

March 22, 2023



From the Ipswich Tribune September 26, 1929 edition

Blacksmith Shop Burned to Ground Tuesday

The blacksmith shop belonging to Thomas Schirado, Jr. better known as the Lowenstein shop, burned to the ground Tuesday morning at 3:20 a.m., defective wiring being the cause.

The fire was first noticed by Chas. Bostock who was awakened by the reflection of the flames on the window pane in his room at the Conrad Rooming house. The alarm was turned in and the fire department responded. However, the flames had made such rapid progress that nothing could be saved.

The building was insured

We are unable to...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024