The Library Remembers When...


January 3, 2024

From the Ipswich Tribune Thursday, February 6, 1930


Mrs. F. C. Getsman had a peculiar experience last Thursday when the hard coal heater exploded.

Mrs. Getsman had shaken the stove down and being a self-feeding type of stove the coal moved down into the firepot.

She went to the kitchen to do her work. She heard a terrific noise as if an explosion. She ran out of doors to call for help. Sandy Jones and A. Herrboldt came to her assistance. Upon entering the front room it was discovered that the hard coal heater had exploded and shattered the stove...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/26/2024 14:48